Deleting your old Certificate from your Browser
After you have imported your new (renewed) certificate into your browser, you may need to delete your old certificate from your browser to avoid confusions in the future. To do this on:
- Open Firefox and click Tools and then Options in the drop-down menu.
- Click the Advanced icon and then the Encryption tab->view certificates.
- Ensure the 'Your Certificates' tab is selected.
- Select your certificate (double click to review a certificate) and check the date very carefully before clicking delete (e.g. look for a certificate which is already expired, or is about to expire). Then click OK.
- Finally, click Ok in the Certificate Manager window and also in the Options window.
Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer and click Tools and then Internet Options in the drop-down menu.
- Click the Content tab and then 'Certificates...' under the Certificates header.
- Ensure the 'Personal' tab is selected.
- Select your certificate (double click to review a certificate) and check the date very carefully before clicking “remove”. Then click Yes.
- Finally, click Close in the Certificates window and Ok in the Internet Options window.
You can find printable version of these instructions from the "NES Certificate Leaflets" section of the NES Posters and Leaflets page.