The Certificate Wizard is used to apply for and manage your on your desktop computer.
- Apply for a user or host certificate
- Import an existing certificate (for subsequent renewal, revocation, installation)
- Renew and Revoke a certificate
- Install and configure your user certificate
- Certificate Authority (CA) certificate installation/config
- Virtual Organisation installation/config (VOMS server certificates and Vomses files)
- 'voms-proxy-init' (Grid Single Sign-On)
- MyProxy Upload/download of proxy credentials
- See our tutorial / walk-through here
Running / Launching
- IMPORTANT Please note that CertWizard requires Java 1.7+ Click here to download from Java.com.
CLICK HERE to Launch CertWizard using Java WebStart (using WebStart will enable automatic updates - Recommended).
Note that if for some reason you cannot get the WebStart version above to launch (for instance you cannot update your Java version) then you'll have to use the appropriate Zip file below. You need to download, unzip and then either double-click or run 'java -jar Certwizard.jar'.
Java 1.7+ Compatible Download zip.
See also the "Getting Started" tutorial below
Getting Started / Tutorial
Note that you may see the following screen as the tool starts up. This is safe to accept, it relates to the cryptography libraries:
- Problems? Try clearing your Java WebStart cache (uninstalling) and re-run the application.
- See our tutorial / walk-through here.
- Download a powerpoint presentation about the Cert Wizard here.
- By default this application works with the UK e-Science MyProxy server but it may be configured to be used with any MyProxy server.